MABAMBA BIRDING SAFARI
After very early breakfast you will be welcome by our guide from Shoebill Safaris. We pick you from the Hotel in Entebbe at 6:00 am. Then you will then have a visit to Mabamba Swamp where most of the birding is done by canoeing, as you look out for the rare Shoebill Stork, African Water rail, Allen’s and Purple Gallinule, Squacco, Goliath, Purple, Grey Herons, a variety of Egrets, ducks and other birds. This morning time gives a wonderful experience because it’s the time when the birds are most active.
After some minutes in the canoe the papyrus reads opens up into the big grassy swamps. Most of the times this is where the Shoebill can be spotted. A site guide from Mabamba area will join the team to advice on the possible location of the different special bird species in this area. After some hours it is time to return out of the swamps. You will have a late lunch on the way back to Entebbe. Later we will bring you back to your Hotel in Entebbe.
Please note that though the chances are high, the organizers can never guarantee that the bird is available at the time of reaching the Mabamba Wetlands.
• Transportation in 4*4 Vehicle with pop up roof from Hotel in Entebbe or Kampala to Mabamba Swamp and back, Fuel on entire tour
• A professional and experienced English speaking Guide
• All Entrance fees and game drive fees, all relevant government tax.
• Canoe trip to Mabamba Swamp
• Lunch, Water while on the Tour
• Flight and visa fees to Uganda and back home
• Tips, souvenirs, any soft drinks and any personal purchases
• Any optional activities or those not included in the program.
End of the Tour