You will we be eagerly welcomed by our representative from shoebill Safaris who will pick you after your arrival at Entebbe international airport or any of uganda’s border points in Busia, Malamba, Katuna, Elegu, and Mutukula and derived to agreed place of accommodation of relaxation, dinner and overnight on your first day with us
Day 01: pick up from the place of accommodation and transfer to Kidepo via Gulu (9 – 10 hrs)
Pick up early after breakfast from your hotel followed by a drive Northwards via Gulu to the land of pastoralist’s Karamojong natives, arriving in the evening with en-route lunch and stop at Karuma falls for photo moments.
This land also boasts of Kidepo valley national park which is uganda’s second biggest national park covering 1,442 sq km, check in to the booked place of accommodation for relaxation, dinner and overnight
Day 02:• Full Day in Kidepo
This day will be spent exploring the Kidepo valley with abundant game all in one place near the river. You will wake up to a relaxed breakfast to unwind from the long journey. After that you will set off on an enchanting Ostrich drive (game drive) around the Kanangorok hot springs.
Afternoon: Karamojong Cultural Village (full day)
After lunch you will be taken on a guided cultural village tour where you will get a unique, unforgettable experience and understanding of the Nomadic lifestyle around Karenga and Kidepo.
Day 03: Transfer to Kampala
You will have a relaxed breakfast, followed by checkout and a drive back to Kampala using the Northern route passing via Karuma Falls arriving in the evening.
After that we leave you to take the rest of the day at leisure
You will wake up late morning because of the long journey from kidepo and have relaxed breakfast at the lodge as you wait for your driver guide and time of departure
End of Safari: thank you for travelling with African skimmer tours
Included in the Cost are:
– Full board accommodation as per the itinerary, when travelling luxury/midrange
– Bed and breakfast only when staying in budget facility
– First and Last night accommodation in Kampala/Entebbe
– All ground transportation by fully customized safari vehicles as per the itinerary,
– Fuel for the entire safari
– English Speaking Driver/Guide,
– Meals en route,
– Park entrance fees,
– Karamojong Village tour
– Game walks,
– Airport Transfers
– Game drives & Park ranger fees
– VAT and hotel taxes
Excluded in the cost are:
– Airfare to and from Uganda,
– VISA and departure taxes at the airport
– Activities or accommodations NOT mentioned in the itinerary,
– Meals if staying in budget facilities
– Wines, beers and spirits & all beverages other than the bottled mineral water while on safari
– Items of a personal nature e.g. telephone calls, tips and gratuity, laundry, souvenir et .
– Personal insurance