This is a program designed to give you the true feel of Uganda culture experiences in rural areas of Uganda . You will have a chance to stay in our local homesteads and participate in the house chores in villages of Ugandan way. We have chosen these homes so that you enjoy this experience. The homes are clean, safe, facilities well catered for to ensure highest levels of hygiene. This experience enables you to have a feel of the Ugandan cultures, language and peoples. These unforgettable memories with the children dancing on the beautiful soils of Africa, cooking with the women at home, fetching water , listening to stories from the head of the family by the fire in the evening, singing those old rhymes in our native language in Uganda will never go blurry when you take this tour.
The spirit of togetherness in the new home with new parents and siblings brings happiness to know that one can stay far away from home and still enjoy all the privileges without a worry. You will have a care taker in addition to the family who is also your guide and is familiar with your new home.
Knitting and weaving using our local materials. Here one has the chance to weave baskets , mats and other decorative materials. pealing matooke and preparing local dishes, Milking cows with hands, making banana Juice, making coffee, Knitting sweaters ,hats, blouses, table clothes and not forgetting, embroidery works on small scale the Ugandan way.
On some days you will have a chance to visit the milking area to see where milk actually comes from ; not in the supermarket as we normally think. Visiting the local brewery to participate in the making of the banana beer to see how this works.
Traditional dances, games and sports. This is a very exciting venture as one learns the traditional dance and games with the children in the homestead. Children in Uganda live together as a family during the day as they share everything they have. They have one ball to play with as a village together.
You will also have a very good chance to go to a traditional wedding to experience the happiness of the people of the village when the bride comes out of the bedroom with some of the most beautiful fabrics and colors the face of the earth could offer.
Sightseeing, Cycling around the village, jungle trekking and visit to the nearby tourism centers. In environmental preservation, we have a tree and flower planting programs so as to beautify the landscape and keep the environment green. Awareness to avoid littering in the homestead where you live.
Participation in agribusiness by nurturing farming as an economic activity starting with the smallest unit of the nation; the family. Please be informed that there are chances to also volunteer in schools , hospitals,orphanages and so much more.
Who qualifies ?
- Everyone is welcome.
- Registration Procedure
- Contact shoebill safaris.
- Fill out the application form provided on our website or apply online.
Submit the following:
- your application form
- a copy or scan of your passport
- up to date medical report
- contact number in case of emergency and/or a next of kin’s contact.
- Payment to confirm the trip
Rules and Regulations
- The management of the Homestay reserves the rights to change the pricing structure of the listed activity rates prior to the booking confirmation. All prices quoted upon booking confirmation are final
- Reservations are confirmed only after the receipt of Reservation Form & deposit of 40 % of the total price sent by interbank transfer terms. Then on arrival, the balance is cleared in cash terms
- For cancellation / amendment on confirmed Reservations please refer to our webpage www.shoebillsafaris.com for terms and conditions on cancellation
The following are not allowed on the homestay premises :
- Smoking (indoors), Excessive Alcohol Consumption
- Lost Room Key is subject to a penalty of USD 10.00
- Guests are advised to switch off all lights when leaving the room
- Cleanliness of the homestay is to be observed at all times
- Any illegal activities will be reported to the authorities and actions will be taken on the offenders.
- Homestay guests are not allowed to bring visitors. If necessary, the visitors may only remain in the homestay’s living hall
- This is to ensure the privacy of the other homestay guests & the safety of their personal belongings.
- Homestay guests are only allowed to use the kitchen to cook light dishes, i.e. soups, instant noodles, steamed dishes.
- The microwave provided in the kitchen is for the purpose of heating-up food & beverages.
- Airport transfer, travel arrangements & other services are provided by Shoebill safaris